Healthy Eating is not depriving your body of the food that you love. It’s all about eating the right nutritional food so that your body remains healthy, strong and physically fit.
It is very important that you have a diet plan that has all the nutrients that your body needs. Control the amount of healthy food going into your body. When you purpose to lose weight, your goal should be attaining the correct Body Mass Index (BMI).
- Carbohydrates give the body energy. A well balanced diet include carbohydrates in the form of whole grain (e.g. oatmeal, barley, brown rice, whole berries), vegetables, beans and fruits.
- Pulses such as peas, beans and lentils are also rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals. Food that has fiber is digested quickly and this can help you lose weight.
- Whole grains on the other hand are slowly digested and thus release the energy over a longer period. Pulses are low in fat.
- Avoid over refined food such as white flour, white sugar and white rice.
- Carbohydrates should be 60 percent of your caloric intake in a day, for healthy diets to lose weight.
- Proteins build and maintain body muscles.
- Sources of protein include: – meat, beans, soy and dairy.
- Red meat is not a best choice in healthy diets to lose weight programme. While it is rich in iron, it has high amount of fat thus you should select lean cuts. White meat is good as it has less fat and thus les cholesterol.
- Include in your healthy diet such food as oil-rich fish, poultry and fish.
- Eating dairy products on daily basis helps you lose weight faster. This includes: – milk, cheese and yoghurt which are also rich in calcium. This helps in prevention of osteoporosis and bone diseases.
- Thirty percent of your healthy diets to lose weight should be made up of proteins.
Fruits and Vegetables
- Fruits are considered a natural and healthy way in weight loss. They fill the stomach faster and this encourages less calorie intake.
- Fruits can help you reduce calorie intake. For healthy diets to lose weight eat fruits like: – mangoes, papaya, watermelons, bananas and citrus fruits such as lemons, oranges and grapefruit.
- Eating vegetables daily can help you lose weight in a healthy way. This includes: – spinach, cabbage, lettuce and mustard greens. They are also rich in vitamins and minerals
Remember to cut fat from your diet, but don’t cut it entirely because it should provide 10 percent of calories in your body. Even though the body also needs some fats to maintain metabolism, limit it to unsaturated fats from plants, which are the most healthful.
Drink a lot of fluids at least 2 liters in a day, you could even mix water with honey and lemon juice if you are not too keen on drinking plain water.